Pentanet is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Privacy Act”). We also operate within the rules outlined in the Telecommunications Act 1997 and the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979. This policy explains how we collect, use, share and hold your personal and credit related information.
Types of information we collect
If you don’t provide all or part of the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant services. Some of the information we collect includes:
- Identification information such as your name, address, date of birth and contact details;
- Information about how you use our products and services such as your data usage, and how you use our network and;
- Credit information such as your credit history, payment history and service history.
How we collect your information
Pentanet usually collects personal information about you directly. For example, we collect personal information when you provide information to us by phone,
email, live chat, social media, or when you enter your personal details on our websites or application forms.
We may also collect information about you indirectly, including from:
- our employees, agents, contractors or suppliers;
- third parties such as credit reporting bodies and credit providers;
- third parties such as sporting clubs and community organisations that we partner with;
- your authorised representative(s);
- other telecommunication and information service providers;
- our equipment; and
- publicly available sources of information.
Why we collect your information
Your personal information is collected and used by Pentanet for a variety of purposes, including enabling us to:
- verify your identity;
- assess whether you are eligible for our services;
- carry out checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- process your application to become a Pentanet customer;
- provide the services you require;
- assist with enquiries and provide customer support;
- manage your services, including billing, account management and collecting debts;
- research and develop our products and services;
- business planning;
- provide you with information about our services, products and special offers (and marketing those products to you unless you have requested us not to do so).
How we may share your information
We may need to share your personal information to organisations outside Pentanet, for example, with:
- suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
- technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service;
- a credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to make payments due;
- a fraud-checking agency to carry out checks;
- debt collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
- specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- other communication companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunications and information service providers;
- your authorised representative in the manner you have agreed to;
- your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
- a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation such as the TIO, when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so, or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so, and
- law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled or required to do so.
How we protect your information
Protecting your personal information is of the utmost importance to Pentanet. We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information, some of these include:
- Storing information on controlled systems, secured against unauthorised access;
- Retaining logs of the access and modification of information;
- Staff training with the requirement to sign acknowledgements of their obligations in relation to confidentiality and appropriate use of our IT systems and;
- Requesting proof of identity before personal information is disclosed to any person, including the specific customer.
Our websites, cookies & online advertising
- Web Analytics Cookies: to understand anonymous and aggregated website behaviour such as how many visitors are using our websites, length of visit, where visitors are navigating, and what pages have been visited.
- Online Advertising Cookies: to ensure our online advertising is more relevant to you and keep you from repeatedly seeing the same advertising from us.
How to access & update your information
Your personal information can be accessed via logging into your account via the Pentanet website, or by contacting us.
We maintain and update the personal information we hold as it becomes necessary, for example when our customers inform us that their personal information has changed.
Please contact us if you wish to access or correct the personal information we have on file for you.
How to make a privacy complaint
To make a complaint, please contact us. We will acknowledge and respond to your complaint in accordance with our complaints handling process which can be found on our website here.